Electronic commerce, commonly known as e-commerce, is a type of industry where buying and selling of product or service is conducted over electronic systems such as the Internet and other computer networks. Electronic commerce is generally considered to be the sales aspect of e-business. It also consists of the exchange of data to facilitate the financing and payment aspects of business transactions.
When you read the following list of advantages of ecommerce for businesses and customers, you will get the sense that ecommerce is the holy grail of retail.
- Overcome Geographical Limitations
- Gain New Customers With Search Engine Visibility
- Lower Costs
- Locate the Product Quicker
- Eliminate Travel Time and Cost
- Provide Comparison Shopping
- Enable Deals, Bargains, Coupons, and Group Buying
- Create Targeted Communication
- Remain Open All the Time
- Create Markets for Niche Products